Any Hayden Around?

malik

I recently received a beautiful Hayden duet concertina built by Bob Tedrow after waiting almost a year. I thought I'd really enjoy learning to play it, and I find I really prefer playing english which I've gotten very used to. Photos of it are on Bob Tedrow's web site. the concertina is lovely, great tone, nice action, good range; I just play too many instruments already to spend time practicing. I bought it for about $2800 and would consider selling it for $3000.

deirdre

Hi, Dierdre, welcome to concertina.net.

Sorry to hear things aren't working out with the Hayden. We've been talking about it so many years (ten? more?) and I was so happy for you when you finally got one.

There are a lot of folks looking for decent haydens these days, and as far as I can tell, yours is the only thing available that's better than a Stagi. I'm going to e-mail a friend (occasional reader of these boards) right now and suggest he get in touch with you.

I bought it for about $2800 and would consider selling it for $3000.

deirdre

I'm considering upgrading from my current Stagi Hayden.

I got the Stagi because I wanted to find out if I was really going to play it (concertina) before spending the big bucks.

I found out I love the Hayden - it's perfect for my naturally logical approach, and the piano-like sequence makes it easy to figure out songs.

My only problems with the Stagi are that it's a bit big, and the notes (bass notes especially) start "slowly", ie require volume to sound.

I wish there was a Hayden that looked like a Lachenal, black with silver ends.