Playing As Anglo Band For Beginners

JoachimDelp

Actually I am teaching to absolute beginners to play the Anglo Concertinas.

I myself I am only an advanced Beginner.

We are using 20 button instruments, single, dopuble and triple reeded.

Trying to give more interest to my students, I would like to play with them as a kind of band.

Would be grateful if somebody could recommend me some simple sheet musci, accoprding to our instruments and ouir limited capability.

Thank you in advance for your kind attention

REgards

Joachim Delp

Would be grateful if somebody could recommend me some simple sheet musci, accoprding to our instruments and ouir limited capability.

Thank you in advance for your kind attention

REgards

Joachim Delp

I don't know of any, though I am sure they must exist. Perhaps piano and voice arrangements? Take the chords and give them to one student, take the voice and give it to another.

I tried this and it didn't work for me, the book I bought of Christmas Carols, advertised as "Voice and Piano", didn't seem to seperate that way. I think I will try again, more carefully. I mean, look for music with two staffs for piano, and another one for voice. I think the book I bought expected the singers to not read the music, but to know the tunes and follow the piano.

If or when I find something I will share it with you.

Good luck,

Russell Hedges

:) :) Thank you Russel for your suggestions.

I got one Arrangement for four Voices, which appears to me quite playable and not too difficult even for beginners. It is named Tankered of Ale. I think I could share this Arrangement with you.

The Music perforemd in a similar way to the sheet music I got, you cna listen on Brians Peters´CD Anglophilia.

Please reply to my e-mail addresss, and if you wish to have a copy, by mail.

Kind regards

Joachim

I thjink there must be many Players in Engalnd who should know, since there I understaqnd some use to play as a band.

Anyway I think one could find intersting stuff, looking for Music arranged for Melodeons in several voices.

As soon I have a chance to go to tjhe cirty I shall looj for it. I am sure I shall find something. I could share with you too.

ICA may be also a source, I guess.