Anglo International Cd: A Warning

Well Mr Observant it was meant by Graham to put me first(his idea not mine), so that nobody could say they thought they should be first,it is why I start the collection.I had twenty years to kickstart it.

If we start the "only thinking about" " Duet International" by alphabetical surname order,You are in with a good chance, so keep practicing.

Al ;)

Oh, I see. Then we are to attach no meaning to the fact that "Alan" happens to pop out as the first name in alphabetical order. :)

This was intentional - it would have been all too easy to put one of the star names first, but that wasn't the point of the project. (Although, of course, those star names DO help to make it a saleable product. On the other hand, many people want it for the more obscure stuff.)

I decided to put Alan first. It was his idea after all. I must say that he was not at all happy with this, as he didn't think he was good enough to be put in front of all those great players.

I said, "Think of it like this Alan - if you go first, it can only get better!"

For a list of ALL the names on the CDs, go to the website:Anglo International

Graham

Well, I've got mine and I must say the assimilation is complete! What a wonderful gem of a recording! Thank you so much Alan and Graham for putting it together! Bravo!

(I lay in the bath with the booklet, reading about each artist as the music played. Bliss!)

Under extremes of interrogation by the Doctor the truth is out why I went first. ;)

Many thanks to you all for your reviews.

I am sure that when Graham compiled the book he did not expect that it would be bathtime material.You have added a new dimension to this project Allison.

We are both very pleased with this initial reaction and the hard work is now starting to become a memory that was worthwhile.

Al :rolleyes:

I'd also like to say thanks for the nice production, just got mine from the Button Box. I'm new to concertina and really got a kick out of listening to Chris Sherburn, too bad you can't get his CD's easily. I was really impressed with the quality of the CD set and the booklet, thanks again!

Lars :D

I'd also like to say thanks for the nice production, just got mine from the Button Box. I'm new to concertina and really got a kick out of listening to Chris Sherburn, too bad you can't get his CD's easily. I was really impressed with the quality of the CD set and the booklet, thanks again!

Lars :D

Lars,

I don't know if you are aware that Chris Sherburn and his band have a website at http://www.lastnightsfun.com/index.html which gives ordering information for CDs. I can heartily recommend Dubh and Tempered as being first rate. If you every get chance to see them in concert they are simply wonderful, they create an amazing atmosphere.

all the best,

Peter

Hey Peter,

Thanks for the info, I had already seen their website, it's quite nice. I tried to contact the source for the CD's via email but no answer. Have ordered the latest album through Button Box but will have to keep trying for the others, great music!! Seems to be a problem in the US, getting good music... my uncle does a gig with a Danish folk group/jazz mix and can't get their distributed easily over here despite rave reviews, such is life...I'll keep trying!

Lars

Hey Peter,

Thanks for the info, I had already seen their website, it's quite nice. I tried to contact the source for the CD's via email but no answer.

Lars

Hi Lars,

As producer of Anglo International, I also run a mail order operation in the UK. If you like to email me on rootsrecs@btclick.com I'll let you have ordering details. We stock all Chris Sherburn's stuff, as well as just about any folk and traditional CD that is currently available.

Graham

I got my copy the other day and listened to it all weekend. All I can say is WOW!! GROOVY!! I have been really enjoying it. The variety of players, styles and tunes along with the sound quality is quite outstanding. There is not a dud on the CD. My interest and exposure in Anglo playing is mostly Irish, so I appreciate the exposure to the other possibilities of Anglo playing-- I also aprreciated the way the various styles were organized on each CD which added to the fun of listening. I can't say enough good things about this CD. Alan Day, et al ;--thanks much for your hard work in releasing this project. --- Steven

Edited by Steven Hollander

Your response Steven is exactly what Graham and I hoped to achieve with this collection,many thanks.

I have been doing a study of ornamentation using the CDs.I confess not liking ornamentation much and I only use it on rare occassions. The subtle use of it by certain players however is changing my mind,the little touches particularly I find very interesting and extremely clever.

Al

• 2 weeks later...
  • 14 years later...