Cleaning Body Fluids From A 'tina

I have to say, my cat Winston is the most tolerant of animals, but as soon as he hears the tina he gets down from his perch and runs for the door. The only other thing that makes him do that is the vacuum cleaner. The Jackie has a more instant effect than the Lachenal - the first note of the Jackie makes him react, but with the Lachenal he might last till the end of the A music.

Wendy - I used to work for one of the essential oil companies. Trust me, your water and essential oil is probably better for the 'tina than anything we used to make. it's all full of chemical additives and 'fragrance compounds'.

Thats why I recommended citronella oil. It's incendary properties can be diluted by using sunflower or grapeseed oil to bring the concentration down.

Just don't anyone play it near me if it's used. I'm hypersensitive to citronella and lemongrass oils...now. :(

I left the window's open on my car while visiting a friend on a farm and a cat got in and "left his mark" to. I tried about two hundred dollar's worth of so called cure's. Nothing worked. I eventually sold the vehicle.

Wendy - I used to work for one of the essential oil companies. Trust me, your water and essential oil is probably better for the 'tina than anything we used to make. it's all full of chemical additives and 'fragrance compounds'.

Thats why I recommended citronella oil. It's incendary properties can be diluted by using sunflower or grapeseed oil to bring the concentration down.

Just don't anyone play  it near me if it's used. I'm hypersensitive to citronella and lemongrass oils...now.  :(

Well....I love the geranium stuff I bought for cleaning, but, I have noticed that I usually have a headache after cleaning with it. I'm not going to give up on it yet...I'll give it a few more tries! (I get a lot of headaches, anyway!)

My water/oil mix IS pretty good, but it's just 'wetter' than, say, a hydrosol spray. (And, not chemically the same, I guess, either.)

The spray bottle makes a big difference -- I do recommend using one of those super-duper vacuum-pressured type of spray bottles -- they're sold at places like Home Depot and Wal-Mart in either the garden or the bug-spray sections. One of them is usually at least $7.00 USA, but it can make a very fine mist.

Also good are those kitchen-gadget cooking-oil sprayers, but they seem hard to clean and I haven't found one that I really like.

Yes...citronella is particularly strong...I can't be around it much! Lemongrass is easier.

It was when I worked at an Ayurvedic place for a while that I first became a believer in the powers of oils, and that it can really make a difference which one you use for what. Experience is the best teacher.....and I got poison ivy while working there (unrelated to the job)....had to admit that that 'urushiol' oil has quite a signature! :huh:

Not to get 'spiritual' here or anything, but I later did have an amazing healing experience from using another oil, galbanum. It really did seem mysterious!!!

So....maybe if RELCOLLECT adds a few incantations to his super-duper spray bottle of oil...citronella mixed with geranium, maybe? Something amazing will happen. Gee...maybe the concertina will start playing all by itself... :D