A Very Silly Teaching Moment w/dots,musicxml,xml Dropbox link

An Invitation only video showing a very silly fingering exercise I composed in 1980 for a beginning player who complained of a "lazy left hand". The video will explain the rest. Dropbox link to dots, musicxml, xml files: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/7g9vouq48juz792cyurop/ANya_9pCIWJsPGVIhtxkoZk?rlkey=4zrrh12yuhtincbv2ntrvzs90&st=5edzqiqn&dl=0

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

:lol: This reminds me of a tune Nick Hawes wrote at Ashokan one summer in the mid 1980s for a fiddler who had injured the middle finger of his left hand. The long hilarious story leading up to this, why the tune is named what it is and the dance we did to it are for another time, just note that on the fiddle it doesn’t use the middle finger on any of the strings.

Here it is, as best I can remember it 40 years later, in abc format. To see the notes or hear it played, click here to render it in @Michael Eskin's abc transcription tool.

X:1
T:You Cut Off Your Finger and Yet You Didn't
C:Nick Hawes
M:6/8
L:1/8
K:G
E |: DGB d2e | dBe dBG | DGB dBG | e3d3 | DGB d2e | dBe dBA | G2A BAG | E3D3 |
DGB d2e | dBe dBG | DGB dBG | e3d3 | a3f3 | d3B3 |1 G3E3 | C3A,3 :|2 G3B3 | d2d ded ||
|:a3-a2e | f2e d2A | BGB e2f | d3-d2d | d2A A2B | G2D DED | GDG e2f | d2d ded |
a3-a2e | f2e d2A | BGB e2f | d3-d2d | eBG EGB | edB AGE | D2d DED |1 G2d ded :|2G3-G2|]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matthew Heumann said:

I believe Frank Edgley is current making a concertina for a one-hand player. But what we really need is an AI concertina that will play tunes we think about!

As long as we think about them with all the right notes (and in the right order!).

14 hours ago, Matthew Heumann said:

I believe Frank Edgley is current making a concertina for a one-hand player.

Is it one hand of a duet system, or a modified Anglo? I have been working on a side project for a while that is essentially just the left hand of a bass Hayden. Not for a one handed player, but for a player who wishes to play a different instrument with their other hand.