Concertina T-shirts

gcoover

Posted (edited)

Just for fun, and available through www.zazzle.com (search "Rollstonpress"), here are some concertina t-shirts for Wheatstone, Lachenal, and even one for Maccannics that even includes The Professor's visage and signature.

While The Wife prefers name-brand stuff with logos, I'd much rather have something I'm interested in that's totally obscure and that no one has any idea what it is.

And, if anyone would like to be a human billboard, there's also a Rollston Press shirt with a sampling of some of the book covers. 

The shirts are high quality print-on-demand, you decide what size and color, and Zazzle often puts things on 20-30% discount.

Thanks to Steve Dickinson for permission to include the graphic from an old Wheatstone pricelist.

And as they should, a portion of the proceeds will go to CNET.

Gary

Wheatstone-2.jpg

Lachenal-Maccann-2.jpg

Maccann-2.jpg

19c-2.jpg

RollstonPress-2.jpg

Edited by gcoover
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Sorry. Just noted that you had permission from Steve Dickinson. I was worried you might have ended up in trouble.

Edited by Rikki

I was able to order on Zazzle.ca. (Canadian site) and received one tshirt today.  Nice quality.  My second tshirt should arrive next week.  Thanks for the info.

Aw, these are sweet! I was looking for concertina tshirts just recently, ha ha.

One question: Hard to see in the image but is the Lachenal an English concertina? If so, do you have any images with an Anglo? :D  thanks!

1 hour ago, MeezStephanie said:

Aw, these are sweet! I was looking for concertina tshirts just recently, ha ha.

One question: Hard to see in the image but is the Lachenal an English concertina? If so, do you have any images with an Anglo? :D  thanks!

The 2nd picture (is that the one you’re talking about?) certainly isn’t an English (hand straps, no thumb loops), most likely an Anglo, although it could be a Duet (unlikely, what we can make out of the buttons really looks more like Anglo). Here it is again:

Lachenal-Maccann-2.jpg

On 7/1/2024 at 11:24 PM, gcoover said:

Thanks to Steve Dickinson for permission to include the graphic from an old Wheatstone pricelist.

On 7/6/2024 at 2:50 AM, Rikki said:

Just noted that you had permission from Steve Dickinson. I was worried you might have ended up in trouble.

Forgive me... What’s the issue here? Is imagery from a 100+ year old price list really proprietary information?

1 hour ago, David Barnert said:

Forgive me... What’s the issue here? Is imagery from a 100+ year old price list really proprietary information?

It includes the brand name Wheatstone, which is a trademark owned by Steve Dickinson.

Posted (edited)

MeezStephanie - the Lachenal one is actually a Maccann Duet, since they are talking about their patent #4752.

I just now found a good Lachenal Anglo graphic and added an 1890 Lachenal company name to it, also added an Edeophone version.

Elsewhere on the internet there is also a nice t-shirt with the round Lachenal label that is available for sale - I've got one and it's also good quality.

Gary

Edited by gcoover