Anyone Off To Witney ?

My fiance will be attending the concertina weekend with me in tow.

I'm new to Melodeon, but will be attending the Melodeon weekend in November.

I spoke to Dave about twenty minutes ago, the CD & music are a little late going out for the Concertina weekend, but should arrive in the next week.

Looks like three or four of us then. I've not been before, so I've no idea what the form is.

We ought to have a drink at sometime, but how do we identify each other? Should we all wear a pink carnation or something?

Clive

Hi Clive et al,

I'm also going to Witney, travelling down from Aberdeen on the Friday. I've been before and always enjoyed it, so if you have any queries I can probably help.

After registration on the Saturday, you'll have a name tag so recognition is not usually a problem.

See you - Steve

I'm also going to Witney, travelling down from Aberdeen on the Friday.

Now that is what I call dedication!

Do you know if anything much happens on the Friday night? IF not then I'll probably drive down on the Saturday morning, as I'll only get back from a week away about 7pm on the Friday

Clive

I fancied "Bodhrans at Witney", but I look like having to make do with Concertinas.

I will be there in both of Brian Peter's classes.

I will also be at Hexham Folkworks weekend - look it up at www.thesagegateshead.org if you don't know about it.

Tutors are Alistair Anderson, Sandra Kerr, as well as Nollaig Casey, Claire Mann, Karine Polwart, Chris Newman, Maire Ni Cathasaigh,Robin Dunn, Will Hampson, Anthony Robb,Ian Lowthian, Vic Gammon, Pete Challoner, David Oliver.

A top class line-up for most instruments.

Edited by geoffwright

Today I received sheet music for all of the classes

Geraghty,

I went to Concertinas at Witney for the last two years and never had any audio CD sent out. I believe they may send a CD to people signed up for the Melodeon weekend but I am not definite on that.

I found it hard the first year putting in enough practice to be able to play the tunes well enough to get something from the weekend. So my advice is practice, practice, practice and if you are not good at reading music, find another musician who is, to play the tunes through.

all the best, i'm sure you will have a great time, seeing 80-100 other concertina players is fantastic encouragement.

I fancied "Bodhrans at Witney", but I look like having to make do with Concertinas. I will be there in both of Brian Peter's classes.

Yikes, not with your bodhran, I hope, Geoff??

I hope you've got your music now (I don't think Witney has done advance audio for a few years now, either for melodeons or concertinas). The Northern Tunes w/s is mainly for repertoire rather than technique - I'll be bringing more music in case everyone is a brilliant sight-reader and we get through the material quickly.

Voyage round your Anglo will be working a lot on chording and cross-rowing, including how to harmonize a slow air without making it too jerky.

A propos the Friday night, there's usually a lively session in the pub (at which bodhrans will likely be more than welcome).

btw, how do you get the name of the quoted person on to the top bar - I'm very new to this stuff.

Brian

btw, how do you get the name of the quoted person on to the top bar - I'm very new to this stuff.

Use the "reply" button at the bottom of the post you want to quote, instead of the "Add Reply" button at the very end of the page. It should automatically quote the person's post, and you can delete the bits you don't want.