Elise vs. Troubadour volume, etc.

I've owned an Elise concertina for about three and a half years now and am thinking of upgrading to a Troubadour in the next year-ish. The downsides of Elise for me are that it lacks a G#, the action is pretty slow making it harder to play faster tunes, it's slightly bigger than I'd like for travel, and it's a bit loud to accompany singing. Can anyone speak to how the action and volume compare on the Troubadour? The size and upgrade in button number is already obviously going to be better.

Concertina Connection Shows the Troubadour at 6 1/4" across the flats, but doesn't list the same size for the Elise. One option the Troubadour has is Wakker bellows> Wakker  bellows will be much more supple.

Elise is 7 1/4 inches across the flats. I was not going to get the Wakker bellows. Can't afford them right now but I guess in a few more years I might be able to. I'm wondering whether anyone has tried a Troubadour with the regular bellows.

I briefly owned a Troubadour as an upgrade from a Stagi.  

It had a good light action and pleasant tone, but I found it uncomfortable to play because of the small diameter of the buttons.

The six-fold bellows are not really adequate for playing chords on a duet. The bellows were quite stiff, but I would expect that on a new instrument.

For me the biggest limitation was the note range.  You really need to look at the music you play to decide whether you need a few more notes above A5.

My advice would be to try before you buy if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I second the opinion on the troubadour. I just received mine about over a month ago and upgraded from the Elise and the action and volume control is significantly better. You do have to get over the hurdle of the button range which isn't a problem for me for my interest of playing hymns and simple renditions. Remember that you don't have the high A on the left hand.

I purchased mine with the works so I don't have experience with the original bellows but I've heard good things about them. And just in case you're planning on doing a button upgrade, the one thing that I would change if I went back to order it again would be to get the flat caps as opposed to the round caps. 

For me the size is fantastic and it's nice and light. If you get to play one you'll notice that the button action is far more agile. Now it feels like I tap my buttons rather than push my buttons.