The S.a. Tutor For The Triumph Concertina

Cream-T

As far as I am aware, "The Salvation Army Tutor for the Triumph Concertina" is no longer available in print.

I am just about to finish scanning the document (new edition 1938) for personal use (so the original can be stored away for posterity).

Does anyone here know what the copyright issues are regarding this book? I can see that other tutorials for concertina are freely available for download in PDF format. What about the S.A. one? It would be nice to be able to share, but not if I am likely to get into trouble!

T.

Some points for you to consider:

As I understand it if the book has been reprinted since 1938, copyright automatically renews at the new publishing date.

If that is the last edition of the book then the copyright of that print edition has expired, but

some or all of the music may still be copyright if the composers are still alive or dies less than 70 years ago.

It may be simplest to write to the Salvation Army for clarification (they are based at Elephant and Castle in London).

Probably not very helpful ... :unsure:

Samantha

• 3 years later...
As far as I am aware, "The Salvation Army Tutor for the Triumph Concertina" is no longer available in print.

I am just about to finish scanning the document (new edition 1938) for personal use (so the original can be stored away for posterity).

Does anyone here know what the copyright issues are regarding this book? I can see that other tutorials for concertina are freely available for download in PDF format. What about the S.A. one? It would be nice to be able to share, but not if I am likely to get into trouble!

T.

It's already available on-line as a PDF... HERE