Sign in to follow this  
Bob Tedrow

Tobacco Sunburst Aeola

Looks great Bob, you're always over the top. We need folks like you in the too-serious concertina world!

That's awesome. It looks like it's overheating from playing some really fast tunes.

You can take that thing to a session, and if someone comments on the look you can say, "ooh, yikes, looks like I need to adjust the rods in the reactor core."

Caj

You can take that thing to a session, and if someone comments on the look you can say, "ooh, yikes, looks like I need to adjust the rods in the reactor core."

Hilarious! Or maybe its just used for Country and Western music. Maybe those good old boys are going to discover the 'tina at last.

Tobacco has no attraction for me.

Do you have anything in a chocolate sunburst? :unsure:

(With whipped cream, maybe? :))

It's beautiful. I'm amused by the idea of it seeming over the top or weird in any way. I mean, I get it that Wheatstone etc. didn't do sunbursts but it seems pretty conservative.

When a friend put a clear head on his banjo I suggested he then install a flashing neon shamrock inside. That's what I call over the top.

He didn't go for it.

E

When a friend put a clear head on his banjo I suggested he then install a flashing neon shamrock inside. That's what I call over the top.

No, no! That's under the top! :D

Maybe those good old boys are going to discover the 'tina at last.

Not unless you put herringbone trim on it ! :rolleyes:

Yes, why not? (We've seen gold/brass inlays, mother-of-pearl...).

Come to think of it - a bit on the conservative side, though: why not a black/white purfling/trim? :D

The edges on concertina sides are just as sensitive as the body edges on guitars when it comes to damage.

Right, Bob, we are waiting...

/Henrik

Gordon Johnson put flashing Christmas lights inside his clear top banjo to be seasonable. Don't quite see it with a concertina though.

Robin Madge