Chord Sequence

tblay

Does anyone know the chord sequence to "A Nightingale Sung in Berkley Square" for a 30 button C/G box?

What key do you want it in?

In the transcriptions I've seen (piano arrangement/accompaniment, fake book lead sheet), it's mainly in Eb, with a short section in G. If you want to play (sing?) it mainly in C, then the short section would be in E. If you want it mainly in G, then the short section would be in B.

It's no problem playing the melody in any of those 3 keys (and others, too), but the chords given aren't simple I-IV-V triads, and some of them won't be possible in full array on a 30b anglo. I think you're likely to need more than just chord names to find a reasonable arrangement, regardless of the key. Some creativity will be necessary with regard to which notes to play and which ones to omit, and it will probably even be necessary in some places to use chords other that what's written.

There's this at chordie.com.

If you register at the site, or maybe even without registering, you can use the transposition tool there, too.

However, I see that today or recently, there were some problems at that website, and that particular song is not able to be transposed, for now.

I don't even know the song, so I have no idea if the chords given there are accurate at all. I know that I did find this song elsewhere online, though. It was mentioned in another thread here, too...searches would help, I guess!

There's this at chordie.com.

If you register at the site, or maybe even without registering, you can use the transposition tool there, too.

However, I see that today or recently, there were some problems at that website, and that particular song is not able to be transposed, for now.

I don't even know the song, so I have no idea if the chords given there are accurate at all.  I know that I did find this song elsewhere online, though. It was mentioned in another thread here, too...searches would help, I guess!

Thank you very much, its just what I wanted. What a useful website!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You may be interested in my program HARMONY, which can display and print tablature for Anglo concertinas.

It can read abc and MIDI files, so there thousands of tunes available.

HARMONY can generate the chords if the tune does not have them.

It can display the score, play the tune or make a MIDI file.

You can easily edit or transpose the tune before making the tab.

It can also show the different possibilities available for some notes by playing across the rows.

A free trial copy can be downloaded from www.greenhedges.com

This package already includes an instrument definition file for my 30 key C/G Lachenal.