IS THIS THE WORLD'S WORST INSTRUMENT? β€‹πŸ€£β€‹

I couldn't resist the clickbait title. Multi-instrumentalist sets out to do a "Concertinas are fun! I bought a cheap one and taught myself!" video, ends up getting a crappy 20b Hohner and spending the whole video on how busted it.Β  Fun if you've never seen the inside of a Hohner (oh god! it's worse than I thought!) or you like watching someone get gently confused about your hobby.Β 

Β 

Β 

6 hours ago, Leah Velleman said:

I couldn't resist the clickbait title. Multi-instrumentalist sets out to do a "Concertinas are fun! I bought a cheap one and taught myself!" video, ends up getting a crappy 20b Hohner and spending the whole video on how busted it.Β  Fun if you've never seen the inside of a Hohner (oh god! it's worse than I thought!) or you like watching someone get gently confused about your hobby.Β 

Yes, that one is a favourite of mine, and has been for at least a couple of years. It's a classic example of someone who does not know what they are talking about, and who has no production/presentation skills making a muck-up on YouTube.

Edited by lachenal74693
  • Like 1

I agree absolutely with you lachenal..

I have watched this video and thought it was deliberately designed to promote one person's own individual viewpoint, as if giving expert advice, at the expense of instead exposing their own lack of knowledge. I felt that he deliberately chose an instrument off the shelf in order to exaggerate a prejudice of some kind.

As owner of ( a higher range hohner model)..than shown in that video, I think it is stillΒ  wrong to name call simply due to the lack of personal knowledge, or indeed ability to play them at all ( as in this case, in my own personal opinion).

Β 

29 minutes ago, David Barnert said:

As you can see from my 2-year-old comment on the youtube page, I feel the same way. My favorite part is where he mistakes valves for reeds.

RIGHT? He'sΒ so closeΒ to having a clue, and yet...

Other than ignoring or down voting this you tube person's Ideo opinion..

The best way to describe this kind of you tube presentation that the person made is perhaps, blowing an incessant raspberry burst of the lowest C natural note on a similar concertina or; Musical flatus)! As response of disapproval!πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€