Hefty Carton's Worth Of Arrangements

yerpalal

R.M., Whats the disposition of the arrangments A.A. mentioned ? Have they been "donated" to the ICA ? Can they be accesed ? Are any of them of public domain tunes ? It would be fun to compare them to the material in DWMB. The selections might be more idiomaticly 'merakin and of later works from the B'way stage, any movie themes, pop, kitch, novelty ? . What are some of the titles ? Quite interested. AW (forgive the recitivism... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :)

I'll take a look through the stuff tomorrow. From what I can remember it was a very mixed bag (Beatles, show tunes, classical...) of handwritten stuff. Also - it was just an accordion folder's worth, not a "hefty carton".

One of our very backburner projects is to review all this stuff and see how we can make it accessible. Ideally, the choice pieces should be edited and typeset (noteset?), and published in a couple or three sets and/or downloadable PDFs?

If we get more interest we can move it up a burner or two....

R, I would love to know what the titles are. My instincts tell me that these might be the perfect choice little encore classical things, they will I bet be very usefull. Lets here more about this. It will also be interesting to see the style of arrangements, how the line writing is handled, athe voicing choices for the show tunes. I personaly don't need them typeset. A photo copy, anything, a scan , whateva. Thanks, AW

and eric matusewitch might have more........i really don't know..............it would be very good to make them available in one format or another..........moreover, since i think most of the arrangements were done specifically for students, they're probably within the range of most players...................allan