Lachenal button tops replacement

Has anyone got a solution for either finding something like or making something like the little convex silver coloured button tops on a Lachenal? Apart from sourcing complete buttons? 

See photo..

3F9A6685-7771-416F-B3ED-ECCD4B5BBA66.jpeg

You can solder the missing top back on, but I've found you ned to used silver solder to get a strong bond.  

I think those in your picture are actually sterling silver tops.  If they are nickel tops I have a supply of nickel silver discs punched during the manufacture of Shaw whistles.  Dave Shaw the maker is a friend.

8 minutes ago, Theo said:

You can solder the missing top back on, but I've found you ned to used silver solder to get a strong bond.  

I think those in your picture are actually sterling silver tops.  If they are nickel tops I have a supply of nickel silver discs punched during the manufacture of Shaw whistles.  Dave Shaw the maker is a friend.

Hi Theo, 

Unfortunately I don’t have the missing top… they may very well be silver but not sure how to tell if they are nickel or silver. I'll email you about it.

thanks.

14 hours ago, RogerT said:

Unfortunately I don’t have the missing top… they may very well be silver but not sure how to tell if they are nickel or silver. I'll email you about it.

I agree that from the picture, the tops look like they are brighter than the sides, which would suggest they are made from a different metal (probably either fine silver or an alloy like sterling). I've repaired one or two with soft solder: I think that's what the original manufacturer used.

I have had stainless tops made, ream gently the hole in the key end and then make the top as a plug with the correct profile. By de-greasing the 'plug' and the key bore I have found excellent results by bonding with a loctite industrial adhesive.. By the time you have dressed and polished the replacement end the bond has been well and truly tested.

the colour/ lustre difference is barely noticeable. I think I use 304, or perhaps 316. I had about 30 off made of domed , flat and nearly flat. the domed have all be used over the years, but I think I have a couple of the others remaining.

Dave