Trinity College w/ traditional reeds?

Anyone have info on the Trinity College AP-3530A?

Amazon is selling a trinity college concertina with “traditional reeds” for $1700? It looks nice enough. Very little info out there. Maybe they’re just introducing a higher end model? 

I can't seem to find it on Amazon, but I did find that they 'make' a higher price model and it has the same model name as the one you indicated. It's absolutely a Chinese concertina, the same company and production as the McNeela Phoenix or Hobgoblin's Sherwood line. They very likely have accordion reeds waxed to the reed pan. Here's a link;

https://www.sagamusic.com/shop/folk-instruments/trinity-college-concertinas-bodhrans/trinity-college-ap-3530a-anglo-style-concertina-30-button-satin-black/

Do you happen to have a link to the one you're talking about? I can't imagine for that price it would have 'traditional' reeds but you never know

Edited by Oberon

“Intricate internal mechanisms’ made of brass; with traditional reeds, reed pan and chamber design”

That’s what is stated in the link you sent me. 

seems to me it’s possible it actually does have traditional reeds considering the price. 

Yeah I read it as well, but I don't trust trinity college with much. You can see the internals in the fretwork and it looks exactly the same as the phoenix from McNeela, I'm fairly sure that it's going to just be the same instrument. 

The only way this would be proven one way or another is if someone contacts Saga Music and asks for a photo of the reeds. The only manufacturer of traditional concertina reeds for order, apart from makers themselves, seems to be Harmonikas, who are now making clamped concertina reeds and Dix concertina reeds. It's precise work and expensive work, indeed. 

Someone may order one of these Concertinas from Amazon or Sagas dealers, but I wouldn't jump on the buzz words for that money unless they provide a photo of the reeds for sure.