Sign in to follow this  
clairehk

Still Squeezing

I'm still here and still squeezing on my cheap little chinese concertina while I wait for my Edgley. I haven't posted in some time but I've been keeping up to date with the forum. Sounds like many of you had a great time at the Scandinavian squeeze-in and wish I could have been there. I saw some of the photos - thanks Henk for sending the link. I also saw some positive posts from people recently who got their new Edgleys, and this is making me more excited and more impatient.

Still, even with the groaning and wheezing on the old chinese - I have made a lot of progress in the last six months. I'm getting not too bad at cross rowing and I have a small repertoire of a dozen or so tunes I practice with - although the monster I'm squeezing with doesn't exactly help.

I was excited too to read about the new C-net Big Band and I've been keeping busy listening to some of the recordings on the recorded tunes link page. So my LONG term plan, after I get my Edgley, is to get good enough to send something in - if I can work out all the technicalities of how to use the Big Band. You've put a lot of work into this Henk, and thanks for your on-going support.

I too was shocked with the events in London and feel for those affected, but the messages here on the forum and elsewhere gave me heart and renewed my faith in humanity. I believe most people of all races are "good" and share the same common core values. the fanatics are a small minority.

Holidays begin tomorrow and I'm going back to Sydney to visit my family. I was hoping to have my Edgley to take back for the holidays as I've told my kids all about it, but I guess I'll just have to look forward to getting it once I get back to Hong Kong after the summer, and then I shall send in a photo!

Have a good summer.

Pauline Claire in HK.

Hello Claire,

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to see a picture of your Edgley and some sound files (somewhat later).

Have a nice trip to Australia.