Traveling to London, UK

Cool. I’m in the airport in Albany right now, waiting for the first leg of the flight. The TSA (security) agent who first saw the x-ray scan of my concertina looked puzzled and she called over a more senior agent (I was watching all this from some distance). The senior guy mimed playing a squeezebox and the younger agent smiled. So I called out “It’s mine!” and she did the same mime thing at me and I nodded.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2023 at 9:30 PM, Richard Mellish said:

I will probably be there on Sunday.

And indeed he was. A fine time was had by all. Likewise the following night at The George.

Now I’m in Lille, France, if there’s anyone in the area. Amsterdam over the weekend.

• Like 1

More airport stories...

Flying home from Amsterdam yesterday I had a concertina-related experience I never had before. The security agent at Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport asked me to open the case and then seemed to be more concerned about the mini-screwdriver that I always carry in my concertina case than he was about the concertina. I told him what it was and why it was there, he took it out, examined it and put it back. He invited me to close the case and we were done.

6 minutes ago, David Barnert said:

More airport stories...

Flying home from Amsterdam yesterday I had a concertina-related experience I never had before. The security agent at Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport asked me to open the case and then seemed to be more concerned about the mini-screwdriver that I always carry in my concertina case than he was about the concertina. I told him what it was and why it was there, he took it out, examined it and put it back. He invited me to close the case and we were done.

See? I told you that slot headed screwdrivers are evil!

😁

scnr

• Haha 1