Stagi 18 button concertina

SMS

I recently obtained a Stagi 18 button concertina. I can't find much about the instrument. I was wondering what key it is in and what sheet music is compatible. I'm new to the concertina community so any info will help. Thanks!

Is it one of these?

https://www.concertineitalia.it/en/chromatic-concertinas/chromatic-concertina-mod-a18-concertine-italia/

If so it's a miniature English. The problem with miniature concertinas is they have quite a limited range and don't have all the accidental notes, so you need to carefully pick/transpose tunes to fit it.

There are some previous topics on the forum discussing this model, e.g.

What a curious little thing this 18 key one is. I would agree that you may well have to find music that may fit its ( possibly) more limited range.

And actually it is often surprising how many tunes can fit in basic keys, even with little adjustments. Although it is a skill in itself to do this. If you can indicate its actual notes on a page, or chart,  it may be helpful.

I have one which I love but it is limited. I think it's designed as a busker instrument--small, easy to carry around.

It's chromatic, so you can play a lot of keys, but, as noted, has limited accidentals. I also find that, because it's small, it's hard to play for as long as a full-sized instrument. The hands cramp.

But it is very loud and a lot of fun.

Mike concertina1.jpg

• Like 1