Carroll Concertina G/D - I love it

Ten months ago I got on the list for a Carroll.  It arrived on Monday, World Concertina Day.  It's lovely!

DSC00266.thumb.JPG.c571c8cc1787bcc7005e162d1aff0921.JPG

Even the case is a work of art.

DSC00261.thumb.JPG.0ff0bbe36f62ef2384c5f0cc9b8aca23.JPG

It's so easy to play, and sounds exquisite.  Even with the larger low reeds of a G/D the notes respond quickly.  The quality is top notch, as one would expect.  I highly recommend getting on the Carroll list if you're at all considering it.

I had thought long and hard about what I wanted to get for a G/D...I looked at Marcus, secondhand Morse, a Dipper that Barleycorn was selling, and several others.  I have no regrets.

Now I have to get practicing again to do it justice.

• Like 5

Any chance of posting a sound file?  I'm on the hunt for a new G/D, and am looking for something with that "growl"from the left end that I've heard from Jeffries and some Dipper boxes.  I have a Carroll C/G, so I know I would love everything else about one.

9 hours ago, Sohcahtoa said:

Would love to hear your thoughts and comparisons to the Dipper. As a Dipper-haver and a Carroll-luster. 

Will do.  Haven't had much time to do comparisons yet but I'm curious as well.  Initial thoughts are they are very much on par with one another in terms of responsiveness.

6 hours ago, Bill N said:

Any chance of posting a sound file?  I'm on the hunt for a new G/D, and am looking for something with that "growl"from the left end that I've heard from Jeffries and some Dipper boxes.  I have a Carroll C/G, so I know I would love everything else about one.

I plan to but I need to do a lot of practicing first!  I've gotten a bit rusty with some other things going on lately.  Must rectify that.