"The Ould Sod Virtual Session on Zoom" every Thursday night at 6:00 PM Pacific

Please come join our weekly virtual traditional Irish session on Zoom every Thursday night from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Pacific Time! (9:00 PM - 11:00 PM Eastern Time)

"The Ould Sod" is the San Diego neighborhood pub where, along with fiddler George Rubsamen, I've co-hosted a traditional Irish session every Tuesday night for over 20 years.

Because this session is on Zoom, please enjoy youself however works best for you!

You are welcome to volunteer to start a set, play along muted the whole time, or just sit back and enjoy listening. We can handle up to 100 players and listeners in one session.

Here's How it Works

Anyone in the session may volunteer to start a set.

I mute everyone's microphones except the person playing the set.

The person plays their set, and everyone else can hear them and play along.

Because only one mike is un-muted, you hear only the person who started the set and yourself.

When done with the set, I will un-mute all the microphones (for those who have allowed the meeting host to un-mute).

At that point anyone can pick a new set to play and I do the same muting setup as before for the next set leader.

Recently, we've started adding some fun variations like "Celtic Karaoke" where players mix in recorded tunes from sessions or CDs along with their solo playing, and "Chained Sets" where we setup multiple players in advance to play a set of tunes in a specific style. As each player completes their one tune three times through, the next player unmutes and takes over with the next tune. This pattern then repeats for all the players involved.

Zoom Meeting Link

Here's the Zoom meeting info:

Every Thursday from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Pacific Time
(9:00 PM - 11:00 PM Eastern Time)

Click here to join the Zoom session:

https://us04web.zoom.us/j/6193681854?pwd=eXd3L2ZEeWNnMDBZYVI0RkJ2c3Vudz09

Meeting ID: 6193681854
Password: session

When joining the event, please use your full name and not just
initials as your Zoom name to avoid delays in the meeting waiting room.

• Like 1