humidifier

I have an Edeophone by Lachenal and want to be sure I'm giving it the right humidification.  I'm wondering what type of humidifier is best and what level of humidity I should aim for.  I live in NYC.  

JRB....I live in the NYC area and use a large Aircare EA1407 (older equivalent) and does a large room. It has lasted me well. I change the filters every year, and the water pretty much every day when the weather gets in to the scary places. TBH  initially the purchase was more to keep my pipes with cane reeds playing. I find the concertina reeds are more stable in dry weather. Never the less, I am in no doubt that it protects all my instruments from drying out. I roll the unit out in mid December until March April'ish and I keep the unit set at 50% otherwise I would be refilling the large tanks several times a day when the weather is extremely cold and that seems to work fine. I have never been a huge fan of the 'in the case' humdifier's, as when the instrument's are removed you are blowing the dry ambient air through. The humdifier allows a level of consistency. Too much to pack in here, but do a little research if you haven't already on relative versus absolute humidity.