Richard Evans RIP

I regret my good friend of 20 years Richard Evans died tonight. For 30 plus years Richard repaired near every concertina in Australia. And in that time he made about 30 concertinas of his own. Knowledgeable and generous with it, always good company. Go well Richard…

• Like 4
  • Sad 7

So sorry to hear this. When I visited Australia in 2006, Chris G. arranged for me to visit Richard up in the Blue Mountains - a spectacular setting. It was a great experience and his knowledge of the instrument was fascinating. My impression is that he was a bridge from the old days to the modern era of the concertina in Australia.

Ken

I can only add a concurrence to what others have said, Chris. He was a wonderful person who did much for the survival of concertina playing in Australia, including the Australian concertina magazine that he helped publish for years. I very much enjoyed meeting him during my one trip to Australia a decade or so ago. May he rest in peace.

Dan

• Like 1

Very sad news, and a great loss to the concertina world. Over the last few years we at Concertinashop.com.au have been in regular contact with Richard, his encyclopaedic knowledge and freely given advice will be missed; besides that, he was a really good bloke.