Does anyone make a MIDI/Electronic Anglo?

I see facebook and youtube videos, and people talk of their Wakker concertinas, etc, but I can't seem to actually find one anywhere. I went to contact Roy Whitely and it looks like that site has vanished as well.

So.... anyone? A 30 button Electronic Anglo would make a fantastic birthday present for my concertina prodigy daughter. :)

I'm working toward producing a kit, but it's intended as a beginner instrument and won't have a traditional bellows. It's also still a ways out from being ready to sell. I'm not aware of anyone currently producing a midi concertina for sale, although others might jump in with better information on that front. Or maybe somebody here has a used one they would part with?

Edited by Steve Schulteis

Eight years ago I bought a Wakker MIDI Anglo from Chris Allert on ebay. It was beautifully made way back in 2006. A quality built 30 button box that sports a 6 fold bellows. It looks good, feels good and t’s a pleasure to hold.

I got it working and it sounded fine though it took some fussing with the connectors and cables. I paid $1567.00 US for it and I would be happy to pass it on to you, as is, for that price plus shipping. 

The cool thing about MIDI is that you can assign any pitch to the sound, so that a MIDI Anglo becomes a transposing instrument in any key you like with the touch of a button or the click of a mouse. Also you can play the Anglo and have it sound like a trumpet, oboe, cello, pipe organ etc. very cool.

Also, if you use earphones... you can play without disturbing your neighbors, family and pets... which is certainly a handy feature for those in close quarters. 

So, message me if you are interested.

Edited by Jody Kruskal