Which concertina event? - UK

If there was only one concertina event that I could make it to next year, that had the most concertinas on display from retailers and makers, and of course lovely concertina players, which one would it be?

Edited by Martin Essery
Add location

I know it’s a bit of a hike for you, but consider the NorthEast (USA) Squeeze In. See my post here:

There isn’t quite the variety of concertinas on display as there was before The Button Box closed, but you’ll meet many players and quite a few will have instruments for sale. In addition, Liberty Bellows, of Phiadelphia, will set up shop there and have instruments for sale. They are primarily an accordion concern, but have concertinas as well. 

• Like 1

If you are looking only at U.K. events, have a look at the West Country Concertina 
players' website.

https://thewccp.org/

They have monthly meetings, but also an annual weekend of workshops held at Halsway Manor:

https://halswaymanor.org.uk/your-visit/january-june-2023-brochure/

Edited by John Wild
typing correction
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, David Barnert said:

I know it’s a bit of a hike for you, but consider the NorthEast (USA) Squeeze In. See my post here:

There isn’t quite the variety of concertinas on display as there was before The Button Box closed, but you’ll meet many players and quite a few will have instruments for sale. In addition, Liberty Bellows, of Phiadelphia, will set up shop there and have instruments for sale. They are primarily an accordion concern, but have concertinas as well. 

Thank you, but I think that is a little beyond my reach. Saving for a new instrument and everything I spend on travel delays the future purchase. Sounds like fun though 🙂 I saw the announcement for the Squeeze-in, which prompted my question as to whether there was one in the UK - reminder, should edit title for location.

Edited by Martin Essery
spelling

• Martin Essery changed the title to Which concertina event? - UK

I really enjoyed attending the Swaledale Squeeze when I was starting out as a player.  Held annually in May at Grinton Lodge near Reeth, in the Yorkshire Dales.  There were wonderful classes and workshops, Barleycorn Concertinas had a stall there, and there were friendly players of every type of concertina.  The scenery, cask ale from a local brewery and a ceili dance in the village hall in Reeth were icing on the cake.

• Like 1