Zoom and Computer Mic Issue

I have noticed in some of my Zoom lessons that the frequency response is not that great when using a laptop mic. In some cases the sound of the concertina disappears completely.

All Zoom functions are all correctly set and I have good input and output on my end (Yes, original sound for musicians is on). 

Any knowledgeable suggestions? 

The only thing that I have seen like this is if the mic gain is too high. Zoom cuts off the sound for a short while then resets. Check Audio Settings to see if the meter is going into the red. You may have already done this in which case I am of no help.

On 10/20/2022 at 7:08 AM, Randy Stein said:

(Yes, original sound for musicians is on)

1 hour ago, d.elliott said:

top left-hand corner of the scree, turn 'original sound' ON

’Nuff said.

All I can add is that music was never a priority for the Zoom folks, who designed their software to maximize the sound quality of the spoken word and considered music to be extraneous noise to be squelched. “Original Sound” is a step in the right direction, but doesn’t really make up for the above. Surely there is other software designed by and for musicians that would work better. I’d suggest JamKazam, but that has gotten expensive.

Since the start of the pandemic I have been regularly attending many ZOOM sessions sponsored by English and American folk organizations. I find I can get good results with a good Bluetooth microphone, original sound on with "suppress background sound" set to LOW, high fidelity music mode on, and echo cancellation. I also use a good Bluetooth speaker at least 8' from the microphone.