Anticipation

I know you all know the feeling....

For the last few weeks, I've once again found little time to play. Work has taken its toll on my free time and what I have left is usually spent reminding my wife and son who that stranger is that lives with them.

Things are about to slow down finally this week. At the same time, I have my new D/G Ceili at home in a box (my wife called and taunted me that it had come in).

I think I have a wonderfully relaxing evening planned. I swear that this clock is moving backwards though.

I hope you get a couple of solid hours for yourself...I can sympathize

My wife and I had our first baby a couple of months ago and my little girl has not acquired a taste for the concertina. I guess I should have played more when she was in utero. Any time that I get I need to steal when she's recently had her formula so she'll be sufficiently stuffed to ignore the sound. My dog isn't a big fan either, especially if it has alot of chords.

Thankfully, the warm weather is here and I can take to the roof, park, garage anywhere where boxes are welcome.

Good luck!

Congratulations! I think that my box is too loud for her sensitive ears, though I love the fact that it sounds like a honking calliope. Maybe if I work on some slow airs or lullabies, she'll change her mind.

Any tunes that your daughter especially likes that you can recommend?

I know you all know the feeling....

Sure do!

I have too much to get done around here. Still, though, I must take some time to play, or I am absolutely no good on earth (...worse than I already am...).

As for cats...I have one that jumps right in my face anytime I play. But, he's one that has gone out and got lost for six weeks at a time, before, and so I have to always be sure to get him inside regularly. If I can't find him, I just play my concertina, and he'll appear!

So, I was outside in my nightgown the other morning, playing away very loudly, calling my cat. (It's a bit rural, here.... :D ) My husband looked a bit unsure when he came around the corner of the house and saw me....I think he was worried I'd really gone over the edge, finally!