The Light in the Darkness - final part

Earlier in the year, I had a go at writing a quartet, for 2 concertinas, a melodeon, and an accordion. It was a fun thing to try, so I've written and recorded a second part, and put the two together in a little set. With some post-production work to make the whole thing sound like church music. There's no organ here, but it's interesting how the various free-reeds can sound so much like one...Stream James Fitton | Listen to The Light in the Darkness playlist online for free on SoundCloud

• Like 1

Thanks Mandojoe, glad you liked it! I'm not at all sure at the moment where a third or fourth part would take this, but inspiration may yet strike! It's so interesting all the different sorts of music we can make with our concertinas. "A dream about a medieval Philip Glass" is a great line too - I'd ask to borrow that if I were seriously promoting this music.....

• Like 1

• James Fitton changed the title to The Light in the Darkness - final part

Right.  By popular demand - well from MandoJoe at least, thanks! - I've written a third and final part for this little project, having driven myself slightly mad with it over recent weeks. Here's the whole thing without the churchy effects:

Here's the whole thing with the churchy effects:

....and here's just the new part, if that's all you want to hear:

• Like 2

Very engrossing sound world is created in that music.  It has a sense of organ music of a church, even cathedral , and reminds me also of Elizabethan musical feel to it, more like an orchestra in scale.  The sound of Applause and "bravo! - is deserved [you must put some in at the end? next time?🙂

Thanks for finishing this.  Beautiful, start to finish.  More beautiful with multiple hearings.  I hope you'll go slightly mad over new projects to come.

I enjoyed the contrasting versions you provided.  They are so different (dynamically) that I suggest different titles are needed:  For the first, as you have it, "The Light in the Darkness"; for the second (churchy), "The Darkness in the Light."

Thanks, again!