Morris dance docu

Peter Laban

First link (arte.tv):

This video cannot be viewed from your current location.

2nd link (YouTube: Morris Dancing I ARTE.tv Documentary):

Video unavailable
The uploader has not made this video available in your country

I’ve had bad luck with VPNs in the past, so I’m not going to try that route. I’m supposed to play for Morris practice this evening on this side of the pond. Maybe I shouldn’t bother.

9 hours ago, SIMON GABRIELOW said:

He videos seem to work for me ( both of them)! Seem ok.🌝🌝

That’s because you’re in the UK. I don’t know if they’re limited to be available only in the UK or only in Europe, but they’re not available here. Yes in York, not in New York.

12 hours ago, David Barnert said:

First link (arte.tv):

This video cannot be viewed from your current location.

2nd link (YouTube: Morris Dancing I ARTE.tv Documentary):

Video unavailable
The uploader has not made this video available in your country

Same here in Japan, unfortunately.

Sorry about that, the first link was flagged on Mudcat as not universally available but another post suggested  that wasn't a problem as it was also on youtube. FWIW, I can access both and have no way of checking availability elsewhere but it seemed worth re-posting the link(s) here.

Edited by Peter Laban

well, yes, cross-country inavailabiliy of certain contents is a fact of life (in Germany, for example, there are even programs originating public stations in  in Switzerland or Austria we can not watch without nerd knowledge or semi-legal tricks).

No reason discussing that; there are pros and cons to that approach. One possibility to work around that would be for someone to download the movie and make it available via a file sharing service, but that's shady legal territory.

But thanks, Peter, for the pointer. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the docu. It is heartwarming and utmostly authentic. Exactly the kind we need desperately in times like these where the differences between people appear to outweigh their similarities.