SOLD -- Jose Claro C/G Anglo 31 Button, Jeffries layout. One year old.

David Levine

I am selling a one-year old Jose Claro C/G Anglo hybrid concertina. Jeffries layout. 31 metal buttons. It is as-new and is in perfect condition. Excellent tuning and a lovely solid tone. It is extremely responsive and can be played quietly or with great volume. Bushed metal buttons work smoothly and quietly, with a much better “feel” than the plastic buttons used on some other concertinas. This concertina has been kept in its case in a pet-free, warm, dry room, and has never been played in a smoky environment.

Jose Claro is a respected maker living in Tralee, Co Kerry. He has been making concertinas for nearly 20 years. He makes them one at a time, all by hand, and the craftsmanship is excellent. He is well-known in Ireland but not yet well-known the world over due to his limited production and wait-time.

I received this concertina from a good friend and I am passing it on. I'll be happy to send more pictures. I can send it anywhere in Ireland for €15 -- €40 to the USA, €60 to Australia -- and I offer a money-back guarantee if it does not suit. The concertina is much better than you would think based on its very reasonable price. It is great value in a top-quality instrument.

1 Rt Side.JPG

2 Left Side.JPG

4 In Case.JPG

3 Bellows.JPG

6 Claro Brochure.jpg

Edited by David Levine
SOLD....
  • Like 1

• David Levine changed the title to FS: Jose Claro C/G Anglo 31 Button, Jeffries layout. One year old. €2,390.

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes-- the reeds are Typo A Mano reeds.

There are two main types of reeds used these days. Tipo a Mano (TAM), literally hand-made type. These are  made by Voci Armoniche (VA) formerly Antonelli/Salpa and are used by Castagnari. Binci Professional are also TAM as are the Cagnoni top grade reeds. TAM reeds are also used in Louisiana made Cajun accordions.

The sound of the Claro is on par with the best hybrid concertinas. The volume is very good. It is very responsive and the sound is clear and crisp. The buttons are metal and work well. It is everything you'd want in a concertina. I can play it for someone via Facetime, Whatsapp, or Facebook Messenger.

Best wishes,

David

Edited by David Levine
Correct spelling error

David,

apologies for the delay in responding but I am having some problems with accessing the chat.

I would like to purchase the Claro concertina, but before completing the purchase I would like to play it - to be comfortable it.

I live in Belfast and I’m happy to  travel to you ( you’ve mentioned that your are based on the island) and have a quick play, and then pay!

is this possible / appropriate?

• David Levine changed the title to SOLD -- Jose Claro C/G Anglo 31 Button, Jeffries layout. One year old.