Seeking baritone Anglo C/G concertina

JudyConcertina

I sought a lower tuned instrument a few years back.  Used would be a great find; maybe you will still find one.  New seemed more likely to be successful to me.  I found only two makers with endurable wait lists.  Morse has recently stopped production on their minus-1 octave C/G "baritone", however.  (It is confusing to me what defines a tenor, baritone or bass instrument.  Maybe a tenor is a G/D?) The other maker was A.C. Norman.  He makes a minus 1 octave C/G "baritone" and a minus-1 octave G/D "bass".  (Minus 1-1/2 octaves from a typical C/G.)

Edited by David Lay
  • Like 1

I noticed that Marcus Music manufactured C/G baritones for a very short period of time in 2008. You may be able to find a used one.

https://web.archive.org/web/20081112061010/http://www.marcusmusic.co.uk:80/concertinas.html

I have never tried a A C Norman baritone, but their craftsmanship is excellent and I would recommend them.

I have a 30b Lachenal CG baritone that I play less often than I expected when I bought it.  I may possibly be persuaded to part with it, although I enjoy playing it from time to time.

I'm in Lincolnshire, England.

Edited by Mikefule

As a point of interest I waited seven years before I could buy a Wheatstone C/G Baritone and Chris Algar at Barleycorn Concertinas finally found one for me. It was not cheap, you could buy a second hand car for a lot less. It is not for sale.

Good hunting.