Like new Morse Céilí concertina for sale

Cholla45

Before he passed away in 2004, my late husband bought a brand-new high-end concertina. He only got to play it once or twice so, while technically "used", this instrument is for all intents and purposes brand new. I'm finally ready to part with it - I think Patrick would like it if someone could make the music with it he never got to make.

The Céilí is a really special instrument, according to the McNeela Music blog (link below). I've kept the concertina in its original, sturdy case and have all the documentation proving ownership. It's the Wheatstone layout, cherry laminate with rosewood stain, key of G/D. If you bought a new one today you'd pay over $2500 - the most recent price I could find was $2575 in 2019. I'm offering it for $1500 & will pay to ship it to you - I'm in California.

McNeela Music blog: https://blog.mcneelamusic.com/%E2%80%8Btop-5-concertinas/#t-1661726023329

IMG_0082.png

IMG_0083.png

IMG_0084.png

2 hours ago, Cholla45 said:

If you bought a new one today you'd pay over $2500 - the most recent price I could find was $2575 in 2019.

I don’t know if you’re aware The Button Box (makers of R. Morse concertinas) ceased production earlier this year, ceased its retail business, and now is only a repair shop. But I bet they have a list of people looking for an instrument like this. If you can’t sell it here, you might get in touch with them.

On 8/29/2022 at 2:02 PM, Cholla45 said:

Before he passed away in 2004, my late husband bought a brand-new high-end concertina. He only got to play it once or twice so, while technically "used", this instrument is for all intents and purposes brand new. I'm finally ready to part with it - I think Patrick would like it if someone could make the music with it he never got to make.

The Céilí is a really special instrument, according to the McNeela Music blog (link below). I've kept the concertina in its original, sturdy case and have all the documentation proving ownership. It's the Wheatstone layout, cherry laminate with rosewood stain, key of G/D. If you bought a new one today you'd pay over $2500 - the most recent price I could find was $2575 in 2019. I'm offering it for $1500 & will pay to ship it to you - I'm in California.

McNeela Music blog: https://blog.mcneelamusic.com/%E2%80%8Btop-5-concertinas/#t-1661726023329

IMG_0082.png

IMG_0083.png

IMG_0084.png

• 1 month later...