New Edition Of My Concertina Instruction Book

Hello All: I'm working away at the new edition of my book, THE ENGLISH CONCERTINA, published way back when in 1977 by Oak Publications and to be republished sometime in the not-too-distant future by Mel Bay.

The original edition had many historic photographs that I had gathered at the time, and I am busily gathering some new ones. I'm inviting readers of this website to contribute any interesting photos -- of English players please! -- that they'd like to share in the new edition. I can accept scans at 300 dpi in JPEG or TIFF formats -- and you may email them to me at rcarlin@taylorandfrancis.com. Full credit will naturally be given, but I have no budget to pay for photo use (Ah, the joys of working as a folk musician!) Be sure to include a short caption and credit line you'd like to have used in the book.

Thanks in advance for your help and interest. Thanks also to those who responded with corrections and notes for the new edition --

Richard Carlin

I'm inviting readers of this website to contribute any interesting photos -- of English players please!

Richard means players of the English, as opposed to the anglo or duet (or Chemnitzer). They need not be residents or citizens of England. In fact, I suspect he would like photos of players from as many countries as possible.

Right, Richard?

I'm inviting readers of this website to contribute any interesting photos -- of English players please!

Richard means players of the English, as opposed to the anglo or duet (or Chemnitzer). They need not be residents or citizens of England. In fact, I suspect he would like photos of players from as many countries as possible.

Right, Richard?

Sorry--I didn't mean to offend Bulgarians who play the English concertina -- yes, I meant photos of English-system players -- Jim, I imagine you must have a few . . .

Sorry--I didn't mean to offend Bulgarians who play the English concertina -- yes, I meant photos of English-system players -- Jim, I imagine you must have a few . . .

As far as photos, not as many as i should have, but I'll dig through and see what I can come up with. As for Bulgarians -- well, somebody who plays Bulgarian music on English concertina, -- I recall that there was at least one picture of Mark Gilston posted here, from an event in Texas.