Modern "tropicalized" concertinas?

I have read that some of the 19th century concertina makers built models that were advertised as "tropicalized" - adapted to be more resilient to high moisture environments via reinforcing corners with metal, using brass reeds to reduce corrosions, etc.

I recently moved onto a boat, so I find myself if anything comparable exists (or could exist) today. Does anyone make concertinas that are better suited to warm and wet environments than others?

Edward’s concertinas are printed in PLA, which will degrade in high humidity conditions. However, you might as him to print you one in PETg or other similar filament. The problem will be with the action, as Ed relies on carbon fiber infused PLA durability for all moving parts, which is still susceptible to humidity as all PLA filaments. So it would have to be a custom job. Ed also has experience with melodica/harmonica reeds, which are made from corrosion resistant steel, but this pushes customisation even further, as they are single reeds, not double.

22 minutes ago, Łukasz Martynowicz said:

Edward’s concertinas are printed in PLA, which will degrade in high humidity conditions. However, you might as him to print you one in PETg or other similar filament. The problem will be with the action, as Ed relies on carbon fiber infused PLA durability for all moving parts, which is still susceptible to humidity as all PLA filaments. So it would have to be a custom job. Ed also has experience with melodica/harmonica reeds, which are made from corrosion resistant steel, but this pushes customisation even further, as they are single reeds, not double.

Now that's interesting about the melodica/harmonica reeds. I'm actually more worried the reeds than the wood in my current Marcus. The metal ends appear to be stainless (or they have some plating that could probably be renewed if needed), and the wood doesn't appear to be any fancy hardwood, and there's a a reasonable amount of criss-cross grain patterning that should make it resilient to humidity. But the reeds are, as far as I know, normal spring steel accordion reeds.

Maybe the correct solution is when and if I have trouble with reed corrosion, to see if I can replace them with harmonica or melodica reeds.