Ignore function?

Hi there,

apparently older forum software supported the feature to ignore a user (a post dating back to 2006 claims that).

Is that feature still available in the current forum software? If yes, how do I activate/ use it?

Thanks!

It's still there. Click on your username in the top-right, then click on the "Ignored Users" entry in the menu that pops up. That should take you to a page where you can enter usernames to ignore.

I do wonder what 'ignoring' actually does.  I checked the feature yesterday and, to my surprise, found I have one user on my ignore list. I can still see this user's posts so I wonder does it block private messages but not posts or does it effectively do nothing at all?

59 minutes ago, Peter Laban said:

I can still see this user's posts so I wonder does it block private messages but not posts or does it effectively do nothing at all?

If you look under the ignored username, there should be a list of content types that are blocked (posts, messages, signature, and/or mentions). You can also click the gear icon under their name to adjust this setting. So the answer to your question is "it depends".

I just checked, and it does work correctly for me, at least for posts.

On 8/16/2022 at 9:47 PM, Steve Schulteis said:

It's still there. Click on your username in the top-right, then click on the "Ignored Users" entry in the menu that pops up. That should take you to a page where you can enter usernames to ignore.

Thanks, works like a charm! 😊

• Like 2

If you look under the ignored username, there should be a list of content types that are blocked (posts, messages, signature, and/or mentions). You can also click the gear icon under their name to adjust this setting. So the answer to your question is "it depends".

Not completely straight forward, selecting from the 'filter by' drop down didn't achieve anything but the gear menu did work. Good to know, even if I don't really feel the need  to activate the ignore feature at present.

• 2 weeks later...