Concertinas available..

Mike Acott

Please see images of some concertinas that will be coming to market soon. These are all in my personal collection, and have all been fully restored. They are in excellent playing condition and some of them are rare models. 

if you are interested in any of these instruments and would like to know more, please message me via this website.

Many thanks, 

Mike.

For any instruments sold here, a donation will be made to Conertina.net.

concertinas 1.jpg

concertinas 2.jpg

concertinas 3.jpg

concertinas 4.jpg

concertinas 5.jpg

• Like 3

The  large rosewood ended one is a George Case baritone serial number is 2680 it is in excellent condition having been fully restored some years ago by Steve Dickinson. the reeds are brass with an excellent tone,this is a sale for a friend if it does not sell fromthis advert I will probably buy it myself and use it as a back up for my main baritone. The box is in concert pitch , and has the original green 5 fold bellows in very good order

The asking price is £2250.

Regards. Mike

Hello ,the 72 key Lachenal is a New model , serial no is 836 it was sorted out by me a few years ago but I try to play the Crane. It isin concert pitch with 7 fold bellows which are very airtight. I am asking for £1500. The left hand range is from F2 to d5 and the right hand is fromC4to D7 according tuner.

Regards.

Mike

Hello Chip, The top left is a very rare Lachenal Excelsior which has the reed pans chambered on both sides, fully restored in excellent condtion with steel reeds tuned to concert pitch this is the finest example of this model I have ever owned. The one on the top right is a George case 48 key treble fully restored  with steel reeds in concert pitch,the serial number is 667 . The left hand lower box is a 36 key Lachenal Tenor(currently in Bb(it is a minor job to swop reeds to make it into the normal key). It was originally from from a Salvation Army band. The lower right hand is a George Case 48 key Baritone fully restored by Steve Dickinson some years ago, but from that time it has not been played. The serial number is 2680 from circa 1880.the excelsior is £1800, the George Case is £1400, The Tenor is£1450 and the baritone is £2200.

Regards.

Mike

• Like 1

You've got a lovely collection of instruments here, Mike! Thanks for the information.

The number of keys in your descriptions don't seem to agree with the 4 concertinas in the center of the first picture, is it possible you were describing the instruments in this picture instead?

concertinas 3.jpg

Hello, the Anglo is a John Crabb from the late 19th century, I have renewed all valves and  pads. It has new Wheatstone springs and fitted bushings,new straps and new 7 fold bellows with Jeffries pattern  papers and gold tooling round the bellows frames . The box is C/G with a C drone and it has the C#/D# reversals so liked by the ITM players and is in concert pitch.

Regards.

Mike

hello the large alloy ended Aeola is a 36 key Alto pitched in Eb it is possibly the rarest concertina in the world as in the Wheatstone ledgers it is the only one made. it is in concert pitch has oversize reeds  and a very unique tone.

And don't they all look splendid? Just as pieces of furniture in themselves.  I like the wood on the instruments [ as a wood man carver myself] and can imagine polishing to get it really gleaming.

But will not myself be able to buy another instrument! Although I was always interested in Baritone built on Anglo 30 key system .. so would be easier to adapt from my standard one going over to that layout.

Hello, The two boxes you mention are both still with me ,the price on the Alto is £2000 and the Excelsior is £1800. If you are wanting to come and see them I will make sure they are still here,

Regards.

Mike