Identify this tune?

Takayuki YAGI

I learned that tune - or something very like it - a long time ago, from a tape of the famous fiddler Larry Redican.  I noticed the Riches of Clare musicians playing it too, and wondered if it's the same.  Recording in question.  It's 48 seconds long, and he goes into a 3rd part which is cut short.  That's all I know, hope this is of interest.

Edited by LR71

54 minutes ago, Peter Laban said:

It's (Micho Russell's version of) the Mason's Apron. And the Edenderry after.

Thank you so much for your help !  I really appreciate it. I searched for that name and found recordings by Denis Liddy and Michael Hynes, Rory McMahon and of course Micho himself.

Edited by Takayuki YAGI

8 hours ago, Takayuki YAGI said:

Thank you so much for your help !  I really appreciate it. I searched for that name and found recordings by Denis Liddy and Michael Hynes, Rory McMahon and of course Micho himself.

You're welcome. Do note the Tulla ceiliband used to play a version, and Bríd O'Donohue recorded that as well, they referred to as 'Micho Russell's Mason's Apron' which is a bit of a different take on the same material. Different enough to be read as yet a separate version.

These things get around and change along the way. I'll try jot it down and post it here when I have a bit of time.

Added:

The Tulla play something like this. As far as I remember anyway:

dB ~B2 ABGE|DEGA B2 AG|EA ~A2 BA ~A2|Bdef ~g3 e|

dB ~B2 ABGE|DEGA B2AG|cBcd efge|dBAB ~G3:||

BGdG eGdG|BGdG edcB|cAeA gAeA| cAeA gedc|

BGdG eGdG|BGdG edcB|cBcd efge|dBAB ~G3:||

Edited by Peter Laban

Thank you again, and thank you for the ABC notation.
I don't have the Tulla Ceili Band recording and the Brid O'Donohue recording, but I did hear Liam O'Brien playing on the Brid O'Donohue & Family CD.
I found a mention of an alias for Lady Carbury in the liner notes of that CD, so I looked it up and found a recording by William Mullaly as well.

Edited by Takayuki YAGI
typo