Concertinas Stagi MADE IN ITALY 100%

Good Morning Everyone!!! 

I'm Simona and I'm the new owner for the production of Concertinas in Italy!!!

Brunner Musica company is closed in 2018 year.

NOW, the only Producer is : CONCERTINE ITALIA srls,  in Italy.

We are in Recanati , we are working and our concertina's brand are :  STAGI E BASTARI.

Our new brand, soon,  will be : Concertine ITalia.

Our Concertinas are all made and produced by hand by us, in our laboratory in Recanati !!!

We have the 100% MADE IN ITALY certification and we are also ARTISAN EXCELLENCE OF OUR REGION.

Our site is : www.concertineitalia.it

Our contact is: concertineitalia@gmail.com

Instragram : https://www.instagram.com/concertine_italia/?hl=it

All the best !!!  Regards, 

😊  SIMONA

• Like 1

Before Stagi acquired Bastari, Bastari made 46-button Hayden concertinas. See picture, below, on the right:

Haydens.jpg

Stagi started making 46-button Haydens, but the proportions were all wrong, because they didn’t have the original specifications, only working from a picture:

staghayduet46_1.jpg

I believe there would be a considerable market for an instrument like the original Bastari 46-button Hayden. Mine (in the first picture, above) is 30+ years old and despite the bellows patches and replaced wood veneer still plays very nicely.

Any chance?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, David Barnert said:

Before Stagi acquired Bastari, Bastari made 46-button Hayden concertinas. See picture, below, on the right:

Haydens.jpg

Stagi started making 46-button Haydens, but the proportions were all wrong, because they didn’t have the original specifications, only working from a picture:

staghayduet46_1.jpg

I believe there would be a considerable market for an instrument like the original Bastari 46-button Hayden. Mine (in the first picture, above) is 30+ years old and despite the bellows patches and replaced wood veneer still plays very nicely.

Any chance?

Thanks for showing the photo comparison !

The Bastari looks less bulky and the buttons seem smaller. Will be interesting to see what develops. 

5 hours ago, Mahoney said:

Thanks for showing the photo comparison !

The Bastari looks less bulky and the buttons seem smaller. Will be interesting to see what develops. 

Hi !!!  We have been taking over the concertina company since 2019.
I honestly didn't know that the hayden sizes were smaller.
We will see if in the future, something can be achieved.
thanks for the important information! Best  Regards!!!

Hello

It's interesting to see some pictures inside your workshop on Instagam. When I bought my Hayden 46 in 2021 I couldn't find any. I suggest you put some on the website for us older folk who don't use Instagram ;)

Please note that the link to the Hayden 46 on this page is wrong

https://www.concertineitalia.it/en/concertinas-concertine-italia/

The instrument is here:

https://www.concertineitalia.it/en/concertinas-concertine-italia/hayden-duet-46-concertina-concertine-italia/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaveRo said:

Hello

It's interesting to see some pictures inside your workshop on Instagam. When I bought my Hayden 46 in 2021 I couldn't find any. I suggest you put some on the website for us older folk who don't use Instagram ;)

Please note that the link to the Hayden 46 on this page is wrong

https://www.concertineitalia.it/en/concertinas-concertine-italia/

The instrument is here:

https://www.concertineitalia.it/en/concertinas-concertine-italia/hayden-duet-46-concertina-concertine-italia/

Thank you very much for this information !!!!  Best Regards!!!!!   :):)

5 hours ago, Mrs Simona Italia said:

I honestly didn't know that the hayden sizes were smaller.

It is not the size of the instrument that is wrong.  The serious problem is the orientation and spacing of the buttons.  Brian Hayden provided specifications which Bastari followed but Stagi ignored for some reason.

image.thumb.png.23b675e47ab763c0bde985d3a71c82a1.png

From: http://www.concertina.com/hayden-duet/Hayden-The-Hayden-Concertina-Keyboard-System.pdf

Yes, a smaller box would be nice, but that is probably a complete redesign whereas I hope that correcting the button orientation would only involve modifying the ends and the positioning of the action mechanism.

Added as an afterthought:

If you also have the designs and tooling from the original Bastari Hayden 46 button then please consider reviving that model exactly as it was made by Bastari.  

Edited by Don Taylor

15 hours ago, Mrs Simona Italia said:

Hi !!!!  Recanati is a small city, but very beautiful and interesting !!! We are near the sea and near the mountains  :D !!!

One of the prettiest places we've stayed in Italy, and away from the tourist mobs. We also drove into Castelfidardo and toured the Dino Baffetti factory.  We'll be back someday!

• Like 1

Hello Simona, and welcome to the Concertina.net community.  I think that we will all look forward to your contributions as you continue to develop your business.

One thought, some of us, like me, don't do Instagram. do you have a facebook page?

• Like 1

Oh, lovely, I have owned my Stagi ( once under Hohner name) for plus 23 years now..  and although there are small technical issues here and there, occassionally ( which happens to us all over time).. I like the strong tonal big sound of it.

The steel reeds, wooden veneered mahogany casing...

I shall keep a note of that new address details of new owner for reference that's for sure!

On 7/17/2022 at 1:08 PM, d.elliott said:

Hello Simona, and welcome to the Concertina.net community.  I think that we will all look forward to your contributions as you continue to develop your business.

One thought, some of us, like me, don't do Instagram. do you have a facebook page?

Very soon we will open a Facebook page!!! Thank you very much !! Best regards,  Simona

21 hours ago, Richard Mellish said:

> One thought, some of us, like me, don't do Instagram. do you have a facebook page?

And some of us don't do facebook either.

Very soon we will open a Facebook page!!! Thank you so  much !!

Best regards,  Simona

email : concertineitalia@gmail.com 

21 hours ago, SIMON GABRIELOW said:

Oh, lovely, I have owned my Stagi ( once under Hohner name) for plus 23 years now..  and although there are small technical issues here and there, occassionally ( which happens to us all over time).. I like the strong tonal big sound of it.

The steel reeds, wooden veneered mahogany casing...

I shall keep a note of that new address details of new owner for reference that's for sure!

Thank you very much for your SMS!!! What model of concertina,  do you have? 

You can contact us at : concertineitalia@gmail.com 

Or our website: www.concertineitalia.it

Best Regards from Italy,

Simona 

I am not certain what model number; but I believe they are still produced. It has thin metal face plate, mahogany veneered edges, and brown leather bellows. ( Steel reeds). You can see me using it on all my videos featured on this site ( which link to my youtube channel).

32 minutes ago, SIMON GABRIELOW said:

I am not certain what model number; but I believe they are still produced. It has thin metal face plate, mahogany veneered edges, and brown leather bellows. ( Steel reeds). You can see me using it on all my videos featured on this site ( which link to my youtube channel).

I briefly looked for your videos, but couldn’t find them. Could you give me a date or YouTube name ? Thanks