WTB: A cheap starter instrument.

zalexander

tl;dr: Do you have an old, beat-up, dusty concertina sitting in a closet? Are you too embarrassed to sell it here on Cnet? Is it still in tune and does it play OK? Are you interested in selling it to a newbie in the USA? Let me know!

More Context:

I've recently become interested in learning the concertina. Unfortunately, living in the USA, it seems that the concertina selection is limited - particularly for used instruments. I have looked at getting an used instrument from overseas, but when shipping is factored in it puts the price around $600+ USD. Because I am just starting out and don't know if I will still be perusing this hobby in 6 months, I'd like to find a more budget option. I am definitely not concerned about looks as long as it is in tune and is reasonably easy to play. I am leaning towards an Anglo, but have not committed, so if someone is willing to make me a good deal on a English or Duet, it might make the decision for me.  Ideally I'd like to be under $300 - though perhaps that's naive. I'd be happy to buy internationally if the price is right. I know I can get into a used Rochelle 2 from ConcertinaConnection for around $480 and that may be the direction I end up going, but I figured I would post here first. Please reach out if you have anything that fits the bill.

Many Thanks!

It's a smaller forum (fewer members, much less traffic), but the headline post

on the Reddit concertina forum has some advice/information for 'new entrants'

which you may find useful - it is located here.

Edited by lachenal74693

I just sent you a message. I’m selling my beginner Anglo concertina - ready to move up. Easy to play and I did just what you’re doing but I bought new. This is like new and everything works, no air leaks.