Fully Restored George Jones 42-button

JimLucas

15 hours ago, Luke Hillman said:

In the hope that this will be useful for someone in the future, here's an interactive version of the layout, transcribed from the original 1884 patent diagram.

The diagram was maddening to read; Jones individually labeled each note as push or pull and didn't stick to a pattern. I found what I think is the sole typo in the diagram; the push note of the sixth button in the C row of the right-hand side should be E, not C.

Many thanks, Luke, for putting together the 'Anglo Piano' for the 42 button Jones. I have just checked through the layout on my concertina.

As psmooze noted, in the Anglo Piano layout, the C5 & B4 on the second button on the right-hand side of the C-row are actually reversed. So its C5 on the push. (Strange to say, this button is labelled as Button 1 in Jones' patent and also on the concertina.)

Thanks again

Peter

7 minutes ago, Peter Smith said:

Many thanks, Luke, for putting together the 'Anglo Piano' for the 42 button Jones. I have just checked through the layout on my concertina.

As psmooze noted, in the Anglo Piano layout, the C5 & B4 on the second button on the right-hand side of the C-row are actually reversed. So its C5 on the push. (Strange to say, this button is labelled as Button 1 in Jones' patent and also on the concertina.)

Thanks again

Peter

Thanks @psmooze and @Peter Smith for checking. I had wondered about this in Jones' diagram—apparently it's the second error! Good to know that the core 20 buttons are unaltered from standard. I've corrected the layout and amended the link in my original post.

Edited by Luke Hillman