God Save The Queen (Anglo Concertina)

TehRazorBack

Evening everyone,

With the Queen's Platinum Jubilee coming up very shortly, I decided to attempt to transpose God Save The Queen to C/G Anglo Concertina. I've heard a few recordings on here of people's versions of the song, but I think I managed to get my own flair across. 

The song is already in the key of G, and pretty easy to get arranged. Like always, a few bits could do with better harmony, but it has to be sacrificed for pulling or pushing air out where appropriate.

You can find my arrangement attached, or on my MuseScore page: https://musescore.com/user/37659330/scores/8148252

As always, Gary Coover's awesome tablature at work here.

Martin

God_Save_the_Queen.pdf

Managed to get a recording that sounded ok this morning. Hope you enjoy, and can hear how the arrangement sounds: 

My cheap squeezebox is starting to fall apart; the bellows are leaking air, one of the reeds (right hand 9 on the pull, by Gary Coover's tablature) isn't sounding at all, and about 2 reeds have a tendency to get stuck on even when not played. All in all, I was happy I managed to get a recording at all that sounded semi-decent XD Can't wait to get a better instrument soon.

Martin

• Like 3

• 4 months later...