Theme & Variations by Vivaldi.

Here's a piece I have had in my collection for many years; as a good short practice piece.  It's by Mr. Vivaldi again; a very short little theme, followed by a couple of variations.. equally as brief in themselves. [ I improvised some chords here and there.]  All  the  typical dynamics of Vivaldi encapsulated in it; and yet it is quite playable..  Ending with a typical semi-quaver rush at the close!  Attached is scan of the music page itself [I copied original over 2 decades ago - from a flute book.]

EPSON023smallviv.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I keep getting caught by the double dotted crotchet that does not fit in the bar. Is it meant to be single dotted or is the quaver meant to be a semi-quaver?

Edited by Martin Essery

On 5/11/2022 at 11:07 PM, Martin Essery said:

I keep getting caught by the double dotted crotchet that does not fit in the bar. Is it meant to be single dotted or is the quaver meant to be a semi-quaver?

It was copied down years ago; and I no doubt copied it from a book that had put the double dots in that way [in my then more naïve approach in those early days of study]! So I would advise to now miss out the double dot if need be [ I usually do it without thinking when I play it anyway.]

Nice neat transcription you have underway.

• Like 1