Jump to content

Looking for a concertina maker in Italy for a video project


Recommended Posts

I'm planning a trip to Italy this fall for a couple of months of eating delicious food, meeting cool people, and making a few videos.  On this trip, I'm planning to spend some time in Castlefidario, where there are a few accordion makers still in business.  I have brought my concertina along on previous trips, and it's been a bit of a conversation starter.  While the word would appear to have an italian origin, the instrument is mostly unknown.  

 

I'd really like to find the Stagi or Bastari factory and shoot some video there.  I assumed it was made near Castlefidario but no one in the neighborhood that I have spoke with has any idea about Stagi.  Does anyone know where they are located?

 

Thanks,

david

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe I can help? When I was looking for buttons for my Hohner brand Anglo, ( made in Italy).. I was given following address ( spare buttons sent to me free of charge in Stagi bag!

 

Brunna Musica

Via Squartabue

62019

Recanati (MC)

Italy

There may be some spelling errors, but that is where mine were sent from.

Hope that helps?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SIMON GABRIELOW said:

Maybe I can help? When I was looking for buttons for my Hohner brand Anglo, ( made in Italy).. I was given following address ( spare buttons sent to me free of charge in Stagi bag!

 

Brunna Musica

Via Squartabue

62019

Recanati (MC)

Italy

There may be some spelling errors, but that is where mine were sent from.

Hope that helps?

 

I don't think Brunner exists any more. The Stagi brand is now owned by this company, Concertine Italia, also based in Recanti:

https://www.fabbricaconcertine.com/eng/index.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Thank you all.  I found an email address for the company and wrote them, but have not heard back.  I'm considering contacting the local or regional government and asking for a referral.

 

Street View shows the Bünner Musica location active in 2019.  I wonder if they were/are a German company?  The umlaut may be a clue.

Edited by department of WackyIdeas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The address I was provided with, of which I detailed earlier in this topic, was provided to me by a music company. ( In UK).. some years back now. And for some reason apparently I was told that " Mr. Brunner, is a bit strange ( odd)!"

As to why I was told this I do not know; but those were not my own words!!!

But if they were good enough to send me bag full of buttons for free then: I hope it bodes well in that case for your video project.. of which I would myself be interested in seeing the factory ( if still active).. on film.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 5/12/2022 at 7:40 PM, SIMON GABRIELOW said:

The address I was provided with, of which I detailed earlier in this topic, was provided to me by a music company. ( In UK).. some years back now. And for some reason apparently I was told that " Mr. Brunner, is a bit strange ( odd)!"

As to why I was told this I do not know; but those were not my own words!!!

But if they were good enough to send me bag full of buttons for free then: I hope it bodes well in that case for your video project.. of which I would myself be interested in seeing the factory ( if still active).. on film.

I have made reservations to stay near Recanati in Ancona for two weeks in September.  I have made contact with the manufacture through their facebook page and they told me to write to a different email address.  I did, describing the project, but have not received a reply for two weeks.  I also wrote to the Sindaco (mayor) of Recanati and they were unfamiliar with the company, which is odd, because it is a very small city.  It's an enigma on top of a mystery.  I hope that I will be able to visit their fabbrica and do some video.   If not, there is an accordion factory in the same city, and several others nearby in Castelfidardo that may be open to a visit and a video

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2022 at 3:16 PM, SIMON GABRIELOW said:

Maybe I can help? When I was looking for buttons for my Hohner brand Anglo, ( made in Italy).. I was given following address ( spare buttons sent to me free of charge in Stagi bag!

 

Brunna Musica

Via Squartabue

62019

Recanati (MC)

Italy

There may be some spelling errors, but that is where mine were sent from.

Hope that helps?

I looked up the address on google maps, and there seems to be another unrelated business in that building.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How odd; there being difficulty in locating the Brunna company ..

Perhaps Mr. Brunna was indeed eccentric ( as was hinted to me by music shop years back).. and he no longer runs it?

Sounds like a great project anyhow, to see the musical stuff being made. The address I was then provided with was functioning. ( Long time back)! Because I was sent buttons for free by company ( under Stagi name)... That was in 2011!

Best of luck with the project.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, SIMON GABRIELOW said:

How odd; there being difficulty in locating the Brunna company ..

Perhaps Mr. Brunna was indeed eccentric ( as was hinted to me by music shop years back).. and he no longer runs it?

Sounds like a great project anyhow, to see the musical stuff being made. The address I was then provided with was functioning. ( Long time back)! Because I was sent buttons for free by company ( under Stagi name)... That was in 2011!

Best of luck with the project.

I have found that the computer mapping in Italy is not perfect with regard to identifying the actual locations of businesses, especially in very rural areas (like Recanati), is often absent or incorrect, so maybe not such a surprise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...