Southern Squeezers?

As seen in my other recent post, Im looking for other 'Southern Squeezers' like myself. Reading through the posts the majority of y'all (yeah, I said it!) are from the northern states and was just wanting to know if there are any others from the south out there. If there are, speak up!

-Darcy

Hello Darcy. I'm afraid I don't count either seein's how I'm an ex-patriot Tar Heel. I lived in the Western part of the state (Glennville/Cashiers) and later Chapel Hill/Hillsborough.

There was only one other active squeezer back then in Chapel Hill (20 years ago).

I understand Dave Weinstein lived in North Carolina until recently moving to the West coast and is a member here. Perhaps he'll be able to direct you to any like minded folks your way. Also, our member Shipcmo hails from Tarboro.

Welcome!

Edited by Mark Evans

• 1 month later...

<poke poke> Is this thread still alive? I'm in Nashville TN, previously of Travelers Rest, SC (near Greenville). I've been taking the Anglo seriously for a couple of years, and I can almost play a tune or two by now.

I'll be in the upstate SC area for a visit around August 17-24 - anyone want to jam?

Edited by Baxter

There are a couple good players in Nashville who are friends of mine.

Jeff Taylor is a Nashville session player (Ricky Scaggs et. al.) who is a good anglos player and a very very nice fellow.

John Mock, another Nashville session player ( Dixie Chicks et. al.) is a good anglo player up your way.

Bob Cowert is yet another Nashville concertina player.

Of course, it's not a far drive down to Birmingham, Alabama where I live.

Bob Tedrow

<poke poke> Is this thread still alive?  I'm in Nashville TN, previously of Travelers Rest, SC (near Greenville).  I've been taking the Anglo seriously for a couple of years, and I can almost play a tune or two by now.

I'll be in the upstate SC area for a visit around August 17-24 - anyone want to jam?