Wanted - hand written Jeffries duet tutor

Pikeyh

Has anyone got a spare hand written tutor book for the Jeffries duet that they’d like to sell to me ?

(Not Gary’s great book, I’ve got one of those!)

if so, please get in touch ! 

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Peter Smith said:

I found this on line - but am not sure quite where!!

I found it by Googling "C1080 concertina" - it's on the Concertina.com website:

http://www.concertina.com/jeffries-duet/index.htm 

That's the kind of thing I was trying to describe to you Pikeyh, only you'll have to transcribe this one to Bb.

Thanks Peter and Stephen !

Gary Coover has also very kindly copied and sent me images of the longer version he got with his Lachenal Jeffries duet . 

Since Pikeyh has undoubtedly now piqued some curiosity, here are some sample pages from the 81-page booklet that came with the Lachenal Edeophone Jeffries Duet #4764. 

On the keyboard page, someone has written in the transpositions to Ab (the home key of the Edeophone). The book shows the 12 different scales for both left and right, and then goes through pages and pages of chord combinations, the example here being Cm/Fm/G7 for both left and right. 

The interesting thing is the little black dots on the chord pages look to be from some type of stamp dipped in ink, which implies some sort of (very) limited mass production? And no, no names or dates or any other identifying marks.

Gary 

JD-tutor-SAMPLE.jpg

JD-tutor-SAMPLE-C.jpg

JD-tutor-SAMPLE-G.jpg

JD-tutor-keyboard.jpg

Edited by gcoover
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, gcoover said:

Since Pikeyh has undoubtedly now piqued some curiosity, here are some sample pages from the 81-page booklet that came with the Lachenal Edeophone Jeffries Duet #4764. 

On the keyboard page, someone has written in the transpositions to Ab (the home key of the Edeophone). The book shows the 12 different scales for both left and right, and then goes through pages and pages of chord combinations, the example here being Cm/Fm/G7 for both left and right. 

The interesting thing is the little black dots on the chord pages look to be from some type of stamp dipped in ink, which implies some sort of (very) limited mass production? And no, no names or dates or any other identifying marks.

Gary 

JD-tutor-SAMPLE.jpg

JD-tutor-SAMPLE-C.jpg

JD-tutor-SAMPLE-G.jpg

JD-tutor-keyboard.jpg

Interesting book. I would be interested in a copy, if you are you thinking of making it more widely available (though I also have a copy of your good Jeffries Duet tutor!!).

Peter