Looking for a concertina to learn

David Audette

Hi, I am looking for anyone in the Massachusetts or southern New Hampshire area who has a concertina they are looking to give up or sell. I want to learn duet, but I will use whatever is available. I would like to get one from an actual person because I would like to be able to feel it first.

Thanks 

David Audette

978-850-2411

david01432@gmail.com

The above link takes you to the current listing, and the contact email is in there.

from my going back and forth him. I get the feeling he’d prefer to deal with people direct over email than to set up a “store” and deal with answering tons of question from people that have no intention of buying.

My understanding is that he is not a broker or dealer. He is guy that is trying to sell these off for the previous owner’s widow.

I may be way off here. But, that was my take on it. 

if you are in mass, he is in scotia NY. @ 2 hr drive. He was very open to having people come and check out in person.

Edited by seanc

I have one McCann that I've never got very far with, so I'm not in the market for any of those, but I am fascinated by why David had so many of them. Metal or wooden ends for different sound, and more or fewer buttons for versatility versus lighter weight, would make a total of four. Why so many more than that?

I will be interested to see what the Anglos are, when those are listed.

Meanwhile, back to the OP, can we assume that his need has been sufficiently addressed?

8 hours ago, Richard Mellish said:

I have one McCann that I've never got very far with, so I'm not in the market for any of those, but I am fascinated by why David had so many of them. Metal or wooden ends for different sound, and more or fewer buttons for versatility versus lighter weight, would make a total of four. Why so many more than that?

I will be interested to see what the Anglos are, when those are listed.

Meanwhile, back to the OP, can we assume that his need has been sufficiently addressed?

I would hazard a guess as to “concertina acquisition syndrome”..

it is a pretty common affliction among the members here..

12 hours ago, seanc said:

I would hazard a guess as to “concertina acquisition syndrome”..

it is a pretty common affliction among the members here..

Indeed! I have a mild case myself, but nowhere near David's; seven Anglos, one English and one Duet.

12 hours ago, Richard Mellish said:

Indeed! I have a mild case myself, but nowhere near David's; seven Anglos, one English and one Duet.

I think the clinical term for this is “Da Nile”..

you are well on your way to Officer, office holder status in the club.