Memories in recorded music; of people.

A while back, I believe there was a topic on here discussing family members, people had, who were also musical.  And it provided some interesting results.

Now, I am returning to similar subject, but this time with more visual material.

What do we know of someone, when we, for example, listen first time, to their playing?  Without knowledge of who they really were, or how they were inspired, or what life story made them who they were? 

Well, there's numerous possibilities there; in the case attached [video with audio] . Listen first time, one hears a man playing music in a lively energetic way, and that is how it could be valued.  But then considering that this person lived through a difficult life; in one of the most tragic moments in history [WW2], that he fled his country [Poland] came to Britain, never saw his family again; then one maybe gets a different feeling listening a second time, on knowing this fact?

My example if my own father Jozef Gabrielow, here playing [in his own tape recording] in 1999, his beloved Hohner accordion, very energetically. The life story is so tragic and too terrible to repeat some of the things he experienced.  The amazing thing is he became a charge nurse [psychiatric charge nurse] later in life, and he helped others through their traumas. [That is another epic story in its own right]. It is Concertina.net  I know; but accordion is a free reed instrument; so I put this topic in as it is related by instrumental family.

Back to the topic, however, and I am hoping other net. members will be able to recount their own precious recording of a family member in audio, or likewise, a short snippet that they treasure too? So knowing a life story maybe now in reflection makes that performance even more remarkable? Particularly in my example; after such life of tragedy, that the music is as yet so cheerful and full of joyful energy. Incidentally in the original tape recording he went on so long -  the tape ran out!