A Simple Happy Birthday

darcybethd

I'd just like to start by saying that I am rediculously new to both these forums and the concertina, but from what I've read and played, I'm in love!

My real concern here is finding "Happy Birthday" in C for the concertina. There is a version on the Tune-O-Tron but as stated previously I am just getting started and am looking for a simpler version. Any suggestions? Thanks!

-Darcy

I'd just like to start by saying that I am rediculously new to both these forums and the concertina, but from what I've read and played, I'm in love!

My real concern here is finding "Happy Birthday" in C for the concertina. There is a version on the Tune-O-Tron but as stated previously I am just getting started and am looking for a simpler version. Any suggestions? Thanks!

-Darcy

Well, I just removed my arrangement from the Tune-O-Tron, since I happened to find this link re a copyright: http://www.snopes.com/music/songs/birthday.htm

Apparently, we shouldn't even share any birthday happiness, in this case. :(

I would have left my entry in the Tune-O-Tron, but, I really can't stand too much chit-chat with lawyers....

Ahh, I understand. Fortunately I found another website that simply had the tune written out in C (but not specifically for concertina), apparently they dont worry about the copywriting or the lawyers, but I have what I'm looking for. Thanks!

:) And thanks to you too, I guess -- don't know that I would have otherwise found out that I was (probably?) breaking the law. (There's always that 'Fair Use' issue...and also the fact that the Tune-O-Tron isn't intended to earn income, etc..)

It's not the first time I've bumped into a copyright issue, and I suppose it won't be the last!

Anyway, good luck with 'Happy Birthday.'

...don't know that I would have otherwise found out that I was (probably?) breaking the law.  (There's always that 'Fair Use' issue...and also the fact that the Tune-O-Tron isn't intended to earn income, etc..)

It's not the first time I've bumped into a copyright issue, and I suppose it won't be the last!

The Tune-O-Tron would not qualify as a "fair use" exemption, as it provides wide open, public access.

But your "arrangement", Wendy, is not an infringement, because it the melody isn't recognizable. It might work as an accompaniment, but if you hadn't labelled it as such, I would never have guessed that it was intended as "Happy Birthday". Even the time signature isn't that used for the song, though 6/8 and 3/4 do have the same number of 8th notes (quavers) per measure. So I think you could safely put it back, if you wanted to.

..........So I think you could safely put it back, if you wanted to.

Uh... :huh: ...first, I gotta find it again.

Oh well...

I did have all my ABC2WIN files intact, a long time ago, then for some reason the shareware would no longer work. Then, when we got a new computer, I lost all files, anyway.

I do have paper copies of 'the dots,' though, as they appeared in the Tune-O-Tron.