Edgley C/G Professional (angled pans) Wheatstone layout concertina for sale.

Will Moore

30 button Wheatstone fingering C/G concertina, in excellent shape and tune. This instrument was made by Frank Edgley Concertinas based in Canada,  from Southern Australian eucalyptus burl. This is a rare and expensive wood, and looks great with the rosewood trim. This is the Professional model with angled reed-pans - it has a beautiful sweet tone.

I have had the best intentions to learn to play properly for the past 5 years or so now, but with life and a recently diagnosed illness, I'm no longer able to. It's a beautiful concertina and I will be sad to see it go, but would rather it got a good home than sat in its case unplayed by me! 

Comes with a Hardigg StormCase (pretty much indestructible!) Foam lined and with a fabric slip case too.

Looking to get back what I paid for it so $2900 CAD ($2330 USD) + shipping fees. These will be quoted to you at cost based on where you live and I will only ship tracked and insured services. Will ship to US and Canada, but all responsibility for customs fees etc falls to the buyer.

I've attached some photos and you can find a terrible video (where I forget what wood the concertina is made from :P) Here - 

Image-1.jpeg

Image-2.jpeg

Image-3.jpeg

Image-4.jpeg

Image-5.jpeg

Image-6.jpeg

Image.jpeg

I have one of these. Mine sounds very nice and is very nimble.  Good luck on the sale.  This should be very nice.  And if they are moving up from a beginning model with a Wheatstone layout, they won't have to relearn their top row first three keys on the right hand.   I have been very happy playing a wheatstone layout for ages.  This could easily be a lifetime concertina for someone.

2 hours ago, LateToTheGame said:

I have one of these. Mine sounds very nice and is very nimble.  Good luck on the sale.  This should be very nice.  And if they are moving up from a beginning model with a Wheatstone layout, they won't have to relearn their top row first three keys on the right hand.   I have been very happy playing a wheatstone layout for ages.  This could easily be a lifetime concertina for someone.

Thanks for the kind words. It really is a great instrument! 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...