"La tempesta di mare" [Vivaldi].

This has been a favourite of mine for years; manly as a practice piece, with its dynamic demands, and effects, as well as  the practical difficulty in knowing where the 'bellows' are used [Anglo system]! But yet it is also playable, even though on the page it looks terrifying, at first glance.   I copied it down by hand many years back, as a study piece, mainly, and find myself drawn towards it again.  The last movement is even more over-the-top; but here is an attempt of only that first dramatic movement of the "Storm at sea"! 

13 hours ago, SIMON GABRIELOW said:

This has been a favourite of mine for years; manly as a practice piece, with its dynamic demands, and effects, as well as  the practical difficulty in knowing where the 'bellows' are used [Anglo system]! But yet it is also playable, even though on the page it looks terrifying, at first glance.   I copied it down by hand many years back, as a study piece, mainly, and find myself drawn towards it again.  The last movement is even more over-the-top; but here is an attempt of only that first dramatic movement of the "Storm at sea"! 

Thanks very much for sharing. I'm surprised at what you can do on an anglo-german concertina. I also copy music by hand, partly through necessity, printer not working, but I think it helps to learn a piece. PS.  Didn't used to be able to hear music off the internet until recently fitted with new hearing aids. 

Thank you for your message; When I began playing a concertina ( back in 1988)! I could not find much music of variety that I wished to learn, and so had to find stuff that was more complex.  So I looked at music books from all over the place, and began copying out music that interested me. Copying by hand is quite an intense, but also enjoyable process, and you develop an understanding of musical language in a different way by having to make those note shapes yourself ( as you also apparently will understand).

I am glad to know you can now hear sound with your hearing aid; sound of concertina can sound even better on a pc, tablet, rather than mobile phone (as then can be thin due to tiny speakers!).

I only hope my musical attempt will NOT put you off listening again?

Carry on listening!