Wanted: bellows measuring 6 3/8" across the flats

Corbin Collins

In my newfound zeal for buying old concertinas and trying to repair them, I ruined a set of bellows for a perfectly good pair of ends on a 30-button metal-ended Renelli. I suppose this is how you learn from your mistakes. Anyone have some working bellows of this size that they'd let go of?

On 4/14/2022 at 12:50 AM, Geraghty said:

There is an ebay seller in Ireland who offers bellows that are 6 1/4 inch, maybe they would be close enough?

Renelli is a low end Italian concertina so those bellows would be overkill and a different way of attaching I believe.  Maybe find a scrap italian instrument and rescue the bellows?  Otherwise, maybe try contacting Hohner?

• Like 1

Don't worry too much about your bellows; as after years of playing and adjusting my Anglo 30  key squeeze-box, it has a few internal issues! A part of frame to bellows where screw goes into, will need clamping to strengthen a mild split in the wood( I shall use resin W wood glue when opened next time).. it's just wood after all, and  easily adjusted, filled,glued etc.. So there's always a way through these issues.